Thai Lotus Milwaukee – Thai Restaurant Milwaukee
Thai Fried Rice with Crab
– 125g basmati rice
– 320ml water
– 120g cooked crab meat
– 2 onions
– 3 garlic cloves
– 3 chopped spring onions
– ½ cucumber
– 1 lime
– 1 beaten egg
– 1 tbsp. chopped coriander
– ½ tsp. caster sugar
– Pinch of salt
Method of Preparation:
- Place the water and rice in a saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes. Whilst this is cooking, start cooking the rest of the sauce.
- Chop the onions into rough slices and mince the garlic. Heat the oil in a wok and add the onions and garlic. Cook until softened.
- Once the rice is cooked, drain, and stir the rice into the onions and garlic. Mix in the sugar and salt and mix well. Cook for five minutes.
- Beat the egg and stir in until the rice is fully coated.
- Turn the heat up higher. Stir in the crab, spring onions and coriander. Cook for another 2 or 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve.
- Finely slice the cucumber and lime and use to garnish the rice.